- Allen & Heath GL2400-16 16-Input, 4-Buss Live Sound Reinforcement Analog Mixing Console
The Allen & Heath GL series live sound reinforcement consoles exhibit the quality and detail synonymous with consoles that would render some live sound rigs over budget. The GL2400 is available in a 16, 24, 32 and 40 input chassis with a compact enclosure ideal for any custom, portable flight case.
The GL2400-16 is the 16 input version, complete with 16 line inputs, 16 microphone preamplifiers and 4-buss group routing. There is absolutely no shortage of routing possibilities with 2 stereo input channels, 6 Auxiliary sends and a 7x4 routing Matrix section. Also featured are 1/4" phone TRS inserts on all input channels, auxiliary sends and stereo master output. Direct outputs via 1/4" phone connectors are provided on every input channel, enabling input signal to be routed directly to multitrack recorders, monitor mixers, etc.
Each input channel features a 4-band semi-parametric EQ, complete with In/Out switch. A HPF filter switch attenuates frequencies below 100Hz by 12dB per octave. The main output section consists of Left, Right and Mono outputs via balanced 3-pin male XLR connections. The combination of stereo and mono outputs allows the engineer to mix a stereo image while sending mono signals to subs or a separate center (or "C") channel mix.
The Allen & Heath GL2400 is a budget conscious, work-horse sound-reinforcement mixer designed to meet the needs in large clubs, houses-of-worship, theaters, halls, outdoor band shells, rehearsal studios, recording studios and anywhere a large format, quality sound-reinforcement mixer is needed.
- Allen & Heath circuitry provides exceptionally low residual noise from the mix head amplifier and output stages. Improved microphone preamplifiers maintain low noise and can except as much as +34dBu.
- 2 stereo input channels provide dual L/R stereo line inputs, for a total of 4 stereo line level inputs.
- Both stereo input channels also feature a mono microphone input with a standard 3-pin balanced XLR connection and a 1/4" phone microphone output. The microphone output is convenient for feeding ambient microphone signal to recorders, RTA measurement systems, etc.
- The 7x4 Matrix is literally a mixer within a mixer. 4 output channels feature independent output level control and signal routing from any of the 4-sub groups, L/R stereo or Matrix External inputs (7x4). Applications include assisted listening mixes, additional monitor mixes, remote broadcasts, zone feeds, mono recording and stereo recording comps.
- 6 auxiliary sends provide adequate routing to external effects devices, monitors, etc.
- 4-sub groups are ideal for drum kit and background vocal comps. Individual channel feeds can be routed to multitrack recorders as well.
- 1/4" TRS phone inserts are located on all input channels, stereo mix output and sub-groups. The inserts enable direct, signal-loop routing to signal processors, monitor mixers, etc.
- All input channels feature a direct output with a 1/4" phone connection. This allows for direct routing to large multitrack recorders, monitor mixers, etc.
- An optional card provides the 37 pin D connectors necessary for integrating an additional GL2400. The Sys-Link allows the second mixer to operate as an input expander module.
- Dual 4-pin male connections are provided for adapting gooseneck lamps.
|Total # Of Inputs||16|
|Mic/Line Inputs||16 Line: 1/4" Phone |
16 Mic: 3-pin XLR
|Stereo Line Inputs||2 Stereo: L/R 1/4" Phone|
|AUX Sends||6 Aux Sends: 1/4" Phone|
|Inserts||16 Line: TRS 1/4" Phone |
4 Group: TRS 1/4" Phone
2 Stereo Out: TRS 1/4" Phone
|BUS (Group) Outputs||4 Group Outputs: Balanced 3-pin XLR|
|2 Trk Master I/O||Main Outputs: Left / Right / Mono (sub) Balanced 3-pin XLR |
2Trk In: L/R 1/4" Phone
2Trk Out: L/R 1/4" Phone
|ALT I/O||Matrix -|
4 EXT In: 1/4" Phone
4 MTX: 1/4" Phone
|Monitor Outputs||Monitor Out: L/R 1/4" Phone|
|EQ Section||Gain (each band): +/- 15dB|
Low: Shelf 80Hz
Low Mid: 35Hz - 1kHz Q=1.8
High Mid: 500Hz - 15kHz Q=1.8
High: Shelf 12kHz
Stereo Channels -
Band Frequencies: 60Hz, 250Hz, 2.5kHz, 12kHz Q=1.8
Filter (mono inputs): Switch 100Hz
|Solo/Mute||Mute / PFL on all channels|
|Channel Level Control||100mm faders|
|Trim/Gain Control||Sealed Rotary Potentiometers|
|Phantom Power||+48V Phantom Power (all mono channels)|
|Metering||12 Segment Stereo Peak LEDs|
|Frequency Response||20Hz to 30kHz|
Mic to Main output (+40dB gain): +0/-0.5dB
Line to Main output (0dB): +0/-0.5dB
|Dynamic Range||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||(22Hz to 22kHz unweighted)|
Mic EIN with 150ohm source: -128dB
Residual output noise main outputs: < -98dBu
Main Mix noise (nothing routed): < -92dBu
Main Mix noise (24 channels routed): < -86dBu (90dB S/N)
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||THD + Noise (mic In +40dB gain): < 0.004%|
THD + Noise (line in 0dB gain): < 0.006%
|Power Supply||Up to 2 x 4pin XLR-F Internal (16,24,32)|
|Dimensions||24" x 10" x 25" (60.9 x 25.4 x 63.5cm) (WxHxD)|
H = maximum meter bridge height
|Weight||36.3 lbs (16.5kg)|